HOWE (INDIA) PVT. LIMITED, (HIPL) was set-up in India by a Canadian Group (Howe International) in the year 1966 as their Subsidiary Company. Over the years HIPL became independent of the parent group and is now a fully Indian owned Company offering comprehensive Engineering & Project Management Consultancy Services in India and abroad.
HIPL provides specialist Consulting Services in the following Sectors:
- Ports, Port Terminals & Harbours.
- Bulk Material Handling (Food Grains, Fertilizers, Coal, Iron Ore, Liquid
Bulk, etc) in Ports, Mines, Power Plants and Agriculture Sector.
- Container Terminals & Logistics
- Railway Sidings
- General Transport Infrastructure (Highways, Railways , etc)
- Urban Infrastructure (Residential Complexes, Electric Power Sub-stations, Switchyards & Distribution Systems, Water Supply, Sewage Disposal & Treatment Systems)
- Industrial Structures (Warehouses, Storage Sheds, Silos)
Over the past four decades HIPL has done pioneering work in India. Starting with
Food & Agriculture Ministry, HIPL has significantly contributed in developing
Green & Brownfield Ports & Terminals including India’s very first dedicated, fully
mechanized port for Handling Containers & Dry Bulk (JNPT), Modern Container
Terminal at Mumbai, Coal & Ore Handling Plants, Liquid Bulk Terminals (Goa,
Vizag, Ennore, Krishnapatnam, Mundra, Karaikal plus many others), and large
size Housing / Township (For MHADA in Mumbai and JNPT).
Some of the Prestigious (Completed) Projects of HIPL:
- Greenfield Port at Nhava Sheva for Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust, Navi Mumbai
- General Cargo Berth No.11 at Mormugao Port for Mormugao Port Trust, Goa
- Barge Berth Continuous Unloader at Mormugao Port for Mormugao Port Trust, Goa
- Visakhapatnam Outer Harbour Project and Ore Export Terminal for Visakhapatnam Port Trust
- Liquid Cargo Terminal at Sikka for Gujarat State Fertilizer Co., Sikka, Gujarat
- Deep Water Greenfield Port at Kakinada for Kakinada Port Trust, Andhra Pradesh
- Development of Greenfield Port at Krishnapatnam for Navayuga Engineering Co. Ltd. Hyderabad.
- Engineering Services for Ennore Coal Terminal at Ennore Port for Chettinad International Coal Terminal Pvt. Ltd., Chennai
- DPR, Engineering Consultancy Services and Tendering Works for Development of Greenfield Port Facility at Damankul Bay, Jaigarh, Dist. Ratnagiri for JSW Infrastructure & Logistics Ltd., Mumbai.
- Project Management Services for Mass Housing Project of MHADA in Mumbai.
SUMMARY OF COMPLETED PROJECTS : 2010
|1.||Combined Length of Breakwaters||24000 M|
|2.||Combined Length of Ship Berths||10000 M|
|3.||Number of Ship Berths||Over 45|
|4.||Areas Reclaimed in Hectares||400|
|5.||Shiploaders / Unloaders Operating||40|
|6.||Cumulative Length of Conveyors||Over 72500 M|
|7.||Housing & Public Buildings||Over 7300 Units|
List of Ongoing Key Projects (April 2013)
|1.||Design & Engineering of Naval Dry Dock & Wharves at Mumbai||Hindustan Construction Co. Ltd.|
|2.||Offshore Container Terminal at Mumbai Port||Gammon India Limited|
|3.||Upgradation of MOHP at Mormugao Port||Mormugao Port Trust|
|4.||Coal Handling Systems at Barsa East and Kanta Basan Coal Mines||Adani Mining Private Limited|
|5.||EPCM Consultancy Services for replacement of Alumina Ship Loader at port facilities of NALCO at Visakhapatnam||National Aluminium Co. Ltd.|
|6.||PMC for Joint Development of Patra Chawl, Siddharth Nagar, Goregaon (West), Mumbai||Maharashtra Housing & Area Development Authority (MHADA)|
|7.||PMC Services for Gangavaram Port Expansion
|Gangavaram Port Ltd|
|8.||Development of Port Facilities at Nhava Island Area (JNPT)) (in Joint Venture with URS-SW)||Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust|
|9.||Detailed Project Report for Development of Shipyard cum Captive Jetties at Nana Layja in Kutch, Gujarat||IL&FS Maritime Infrastructure Company Limited|
|10.||Basic and Detailed Engineering of Solid Cargo Handling for Barge Jetty and Bagging Expansion Facilities at Kandla, Gujarat||Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Ltd., (IFFCO)|
|11.||Detailed Design & Construction Drawings for the New Fuel Unloading Facility at Free Port of Monrovia, Republic of Liberia||Technofab Engineering Limited|
|12.||Design & Tendering on EPC Basis for Installation of Mechanized Handling Facilities at East Quay 7 (EQ7) in the Inner Harbour of Vizag Port||Vizag AgriPort Pvt. Ltd|
|13.||Development of Berths in Nhava Creek Area in JN Port||Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust|
|14.||PMC Services for Prestigious Mass Housing Project at Mumbai||Maharashtra Housing & Area Development Authority (MHADA)|